Catching up

image

image

image

Well, as my recovery progresses I’ve been stepping up activity across the board and getting out more and more.
Having had the result I wanted after going back to hospital for a report and check up, I’m now clear to get back to work though I have leave to take next week too. Which is nice.
On Monday, I paid a visit to ScRSG and Wharfeside where I was finally able to test 65855 properly. After some minor adjustments, she was working perfectly and handling her test train with consummate ease.
The Pickersgill 4-4-0 also went for testing and went beautifully from first go. At the time of testing, the loco was fitted with a temporary bogie whilst something more correct is created. Bogie and tender wheels are awaited so that the model con be advanced.

I forgot to mention last week that I paid a visit to the South Tyndale railway at Alston.
image

image

image

image
Rather than ride the train this time we did a trackside walk along the adjacent path since we had Abi with us and Jon had brought his two pugs, Buddy and Bella.
Abi enjoyed her walk as always in spite of the warm day but the pugs got a bit tired as you can see below!
image

image
There’s a good reason they don’t normally allow pugs out on the main line! 😉
The line traverses incredible scenery and you should take a look if you’re passing.
image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Also this week, I’ve started work on the next locomotive on the project list I drew up at the end of May.
This one is an ex-Caley Pickersgill ‘300’ Class loco, converted from another kit by its previous owner.
It’s not perfectly accurate due to its origins but whilst I convert it to EM gauge, I’m addressing the more obvious issues I see.
So far, I have assembled the new chassis ( a Caley Coaches ‘812’ class loco chassis). I’ve reinstalled the motor and gearbox from the original model as it’s a Mashima 1424 can. Still one of the best you can get your mitts on.
I’m also sorting out the cab interior as the original representation looked a bit weird. The chassis for the tender will also be replaced by another of Jim’s etches.
There will be more of this project over the next week or two but here’s things as they stand tonight.

image

image

image

Advertisements

Good homes required…

image

image

image

image

image

imageimage

image

image

imageimage

Two more high-specification finish locos have emerged from the kennel this week;
Firstly we have a Bachmann BR Standard 5MT, done as 73121, depicted as she would have appeared in 1965 a few weeks after her last overhaul and operating out of the former G&SWR shed at Corkerhill.
The second loco is an Ivatt 4MT mogul, again from Bachmann.
This time we have 43009, depicted in 1960s finish during her long period of service based at the erstwhile steel town of Workington.
She has an authentic ’12D’ shed code plate on the smokebox door and like 73121, has genuine Kingmoor coal in the tender.
I’m looking for £120 each for these locos but as I stated earlier, you’d pay at least £20 more for a lower spec finish from the high volume guys.
This is my wee niche and I intend to promote it! 🙂
Anyway, reply in comments or mail maxstafford 60093@gmail.com if any of these are of interest!

Some models for sale.

Over the next week or two I’ll be putting up some custom-finished models for sale as I need to raise some funds to both pay a bill and to finance a wee project I have in mind regarding Alba Model Effects.
I’m also moving some models for a friend.
The first two are shown below.image

image

image

image
First up is a Bachmann K3 in regular 00 scale.
She’s had the full range of effects to replicate a well maintained but busy locomotive circa 1958. I’ve also added a rolled up storm sheet and real Kingmoor coal in the tender.
I think you’ll agree she looks very much alive. I’m looking for £120 for this model – you wouldn’t get this standard of finish for that price at any of the established high volume suppliers!

Next is a Bachmann Class 25/2image

image

image

This time we have a nicely treated Sulzer type 2 as it would have looked in 1965. The details have also been applied to one end, leaving the other free so you can attach a coupling of your choice to haul trains.
I’d like £75 for this model.
I’ll be putting a few more models up before long including a number of ex-LMS and BR standard types, all given the kind of treatment you expect from me.
Please respond in the comments section if you are interested.

Cheers! 🙂