Well, as my recovery progresses I’ve been stepping up activity across the board and getting out more and more.
Having had the result I wanted after going back to hospital for a report and check up, I’m now clear to get back to work though I have leave to take next week too. Which is nice.
On Monday, I paid a visit to ScRSG and Wharfeside where I was finally able to test 65855 properly. After some minor adjustments, she was working perfectly and handling her test train with consummate ease.
The Pickersgill 4-4-0 also went for testing and went beautifully from first go. At the time of testing, the loco was fitted with a temporary bogie whilst something more correct is created. Bogie and tender wheels are awaited so that the model con be advanced.
Rather than ride the train this time we did a trackside walk along the adjacent path since we had Abi with us and Jon had brought his two pugs, Buddy and Bella.
Abi enjoyed her walk as always in spite of the warm day but the pugs got a bit tired as you can see below!
Also this week, I’ve started work on the next locomotive on the project list I drew up at the end of May.
This one is an ex-Caley Pickersgill ‘300’ Class loco, converted from another kit by its previous owner.
It’s not perfectly accurate due to its origins but whilst I convert it to EM gauge, I’m addressing the more obvious issues I see.
So far, I have assembled the new chassis ( a Caley Coaches ‘812’ class loco chassis). I’ve reinstalled the motor and gearbox from the original model as it’s a Mashima 1424 can. Still one of the best you can get your mitts on.
I’m also sorting out the cab interior as the original representation looked a bit weird. The chassis for the tender will also be replaced by another of Jim’s etches.
There will be more of this project over the next week or two but here’s things as they stand tonight.