Whilst I wait for a replacement chassis etch for the Barclay (long story) I’ve decided to make a start on the second NCB loco for Project77.
Due to some confusion and overthinking on my part concerning the compensation on the Barclay, I feel that I need to start afresh with this loco and I’m doing it as a rigid just to keep things relatively simple and make proper progress.
I’ve used the RT Models chassis etch for the Austerity. This will go under an old Dapol ‘Warrington’ which I obtained for a fairly reasonable price over the summer.
Power is by a can motor through a High Level 108:1 gearbox which should mean a fair bit of grunt.
No need for speed here. Strong and steady is the standard requirement and it’s likely the motor will have a flywheel.
Anyway, two evenings’ work has seen the frames assembled, using my faithful Hobby Holidays masterchassis jig with various details applied tonight and the gearbox frame assembled.
Now, if I can get myself a 14BA drill and tap, this would be running by the weekend!