Gresley hack latest.

Some progress has been made on the Gresley 61′ TK over the last few days. I hadn’t been overly happy with the gutter area which I threw a lot of filler at before I was satisfied. I also restored the continuity of the gutters with Microstrip and although still a bit off perfect, it looked quite reasonable in primer. I have now painted the basic livery elements of BR crimson and cream (I’m not getting involved in verbal punch-ups over the correct term for the red component!). I used Railmatch enamel for this. These days although I’m a prolific user of acrylic for most tasks, I do prefer enamels for certain tasks. A good durable base coat on a locomotive or coach is exactly the thing I have in mind. The acrylics can be used for the fun effects later!
Anyway, the flat surface has been treated to a couple of coats of Klear in preparation for applying the lining and number decals. Once I’m happy with those I’ll apply the door handles and grab rails.
Sometime in the near future I’ll take care of the interior. I’ll take my cue from the Comet interior diagram.

20130305-224803.jpg

20130305-224817.jpg

20130305-224829.jpg

20130305-224843.jpg

20130305-224900.jpg

20130305-224912.jpg

20130305-224925.jpg

20130305-224939.jpg

20130305-224955.jpg